AKORN NATURAL™ COATINGS FOR PINEAPPLE
Akorn Natural™coating is a premium, 100% natural coating for pineapple. It is developed specifically for packers who ship to distant markets and want to deliver a high quality, long-lasting product with superior appearance. It is manufactured without morpholine or other amines and is approved for use in all markets.
Akorn Natural™ coatings are made with 100% natural food ingredients. They do not contain any corrosive chemicals or petroleum products. The highly innovative formulations include four active ingredients:
- a plant-derived wax to minimize moisture loss
- a vegetable protein to reduce oxygen exchange, delay color development and reduce superficial mold growth
- a vegetable oil to maintain a natural, fresh appearance
- a proprietary polysaccharide combination to ensure uniform coverage, even on the crown and stem
Akorn Natural™ coatings are water-based and can be applied on wet fruit. They can be applied either by dipping, flooding or spraying. They dry rapidly, leave no sticky residues and can be easily cleaned up with water.
Pineapples coated with Akorn Natural™ coatings exhibit 15% lower weight loss than conventional waxes, excellent control of dry spotting and dehydration, maximum color retention and fresh fruit appearance, based on commercial results and independent research.
Akorn Natural ™ coatings for pear help you grow your business
- Realize Supply Chain Savings
- Improve Post-Harvest Recovery
- Expand Your Market